With input from experts and community members, pool leaders studied facility needs, finances, and future use trends for nearly two years. They focused on putting together the most efficient and appropriate plan for securing our pool’s future sustainability.
Costly “bells and whistles” were rejected.
The bond proposal will raise $26.3 million if approved. Based on our current concept drawings, approximately $14.8 million will go toward renovation and $11.4 million will go toward new construction.
You’ll see in the rendering that the previous pool renovation and construction projects supported by the community in 1968 and 1998 remain. But due to real-world “life cycle” issues, improvements and upgrades are now needed.
The benefits of UNIVERSAL DESIGN are at the core of the pool’s renovation and construction plans.
- 100%“no steps” entry / improved accessibility for all
- A large canopy over the drop-off & pick-up area to better protect children and older users from rain, snow, and ice
- More “warm water” options for users
- More conveniently located “family” locker rooms
- Improved safety and security
- More natural light and improved energy efficiencies
- Improved facility infrastructure, HVAC, and mechanicals
- Expanded community gathering spaces
- Improved “at the same time” experiences for both competitive teams and event spectators at the 50m pool and parents, grandparents, and youngsters enjoying the Splash Zone
- Improved flexibility in calendar/program scheduling to serve everyone (without the current restrictions) when the pool is open